The Beauty of Algorithmic Art
The Beauty of Algorithmic Art presentation takes the audience on a visual tour through a virtual algorithmic art gallery. Topics covered include:
- the origins of algorithmic art and its subsequent evolution and development
- the various forms of algorithmic art
- key practioners, aka algorists, of algorithmic art
- the role of algorithms in the creation of algorithmic art
- examples of classic algorithmic artworks
- the role of randomness as a proxy for creativity and variation
The presenter shares his own perspectives on the algorithmic art scene as well as insights into his own creative process, illustrated using selections from his own body of work.For example, the title illustration is an example of one form of algorithmic art. In this instance it is a digital self-portrait that has been algorithmically manipulated using a technique of 3D photographic manipulation.
This presentation also offers attendees the opportunity to create algorithmic art in real time using an interactive audio artwork generator.
The length of the presentation is adjustable to between 30 and 60 minutes, expandable to 90 minutes for those desiring a greater variety of representative works and deeper insights into the field's history and creative processes. For scheduling and general inquiries, use the Artsnova Contact Form or click the link below to send me an email.
“The heart of algorithmic art is the human imagination using algorithmic manipulations of mathematical equations to create aesthetically pleasing visualizations.”