Building an Online Presence: The Internet for Artists and Photographers
The presentation Building an Online Presence: The Internet for Artists and Photographers covers a broad array of issues facing the artist or photographer who is looking to either create their initial presence on the Internet or to improve their existing presence. Note that while the greatest value is obtained by those who are initiating their online presence, the content of the presentation is useful to established artists looking to improve their online performance.
Topics covered include:
- planning your online strategy
- identifying a web site solution:
- selecting a web hosting provider
- selecting a content management system
- selecting a web site design
- choosing a full service website builder platform
- structuring your web site's content (aka information architecture)
- blogging for your art
- strategies and alternatives for ecommerce and online selling
- using social media to promote your web presence
- using SEO to improve your search engine ranking
- options for email marketing
- advertising online
- understanding web analytics
- evaluating your performance
The length of this presentation is between 50 and 100 minutes depending on the level of audience participation and depth of coverage. The presentation can also be modified to focus on those issues that are the most important to the attendees, as identified in a survey that the presentation's sponsor would undertake.
The program is available as both a live in-person presentation and as a virtual presentation.
For scheduling and related questions, please use the Artsnova Contact Form to contact me.