Print On Demand for Artists and Photographers
This presentation is for any artist or photographer who has considered making their art or photography available for sell on one or more of the many print on demand (POD) web sites. Note that this should not to be confused with the business of print on demand as it pertains to authors and books. Rather this presentation focuses on the print on demand services provided by businesses like Redbubble, FineartAmerica, Zazzle, Society6, Imagekind, SaatchiArt, DeviantArt, VSUAL, and similar POD businesses. More specifically, this talk is an analysis of how to review and evaluate the many competing art print on demand businesses and how to choose the POD site that is most appropriate for your art or photography business.
Topics covered include:
- To POD or not to POD?
- Overview of leading print on demand platforms/businesses
- Choosing the appropriate POD platform for selling your art
- Platform promotion features and marketing tools
- Know your rights - POD legal agreements
- Selling prices and commissions
- Product workflow issues
- Evaluating intra-site search features
- POD social media connections
- Using hash tags for promotion
- Off-platform promotion options
- Personal experiences with Redbubble and Society6
- Pricing your art for POD products
The length of the formal presentation is adjustable to between 40 and 60 minutes. The program can be extended to between two and three hours for those desiring a greater depth of background information and real time investigation of the competing platforms and their individual workflow. For scheduling and general inquiries please use the Artsnova Contact Form or click the link below to send me an email.
“Being good in business is the most fascinating kind of art. Making money is art and working is art and good business is the best art.”